Wednesday, November 24, 2010

And we're off!!!

The day has almost come, I'm getting ready to go to sleep, and at 8:30 in the morning, we will be leaving Crystal Springs and heading out on outreach for the next 9 weeks! It's hard to believe that it's only been 12 weeks since we got here. So much has happened in those 12 weeks that it seems like a lifetime ago that we all piled out of the van into our new home, but at the same time, it's still hard to believe that it's already over. It's definitely a bittersweet feeling around here; so exciting to be going out to Fiji for some and India for others, but so difficult to be separated from our brothers and sisters that we have laughed, cried and grown with.

Living in a community like this and going through the lectures and experiences that we've had here has been like nothing I've ever experienced in my life. God did a huge work in my life leading up to me going here, and He continued it and enriched it big time during my time here. He has done an amazing work in my life and in the lives of the other students here, and now it is time for us to go out and put the gifts that He's given us to work and to share with others the life that He has given all of us. I went here having no idea what God has for me in the future, and although I still don't know exactly what the future holds, He's definitely confirmed multiple times that He has plans for me and that they are big plans. There is a reason that He never gave up on me during the years that I was living for myself rather than for Him, and He is definitely preparing me to bear fruit for Him and to reward Him for His faithfulness.

Today I sent my application into the School of Biblical Studies in Taiwan, and I am 100% confident that this is what God wants me to be, and that this will be a huge step to becoming the man He wants me to be and is vital to the equipping process that He is doing in me. It is so exciting to finally know that not only am I doing what God wants, but that He has plans and a purpose for me and my life. Please be praying for me as I go out. I will try to post news and info while I'm in India, but I'm assuming that things will continue to be extremely busy, so I'm not sure how much time I will have to write. Thank you so much for all your prayers and support, they are definitely needed and appreciated.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment