Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pictures from New Zealand.....Finally

Hello everybody, I decided I should probably finally upload some pictures for you all to see. Unfortunately, the internet is usage based here, so I only have a certain amount of megabytes to use before I have to buy more. So that is why I haven't uploaded pictures yet, but I figured I'd upload a few so that you can see where I am, and be jealous. lol. I would love to say that I miss you all, but that would be lying. I absolutely love it here! The school has been amazing so far, and the environment is absolutely amazing, the pictures do not do it justice!!!! It is also so awesome knowing that I am finally following God's plan for my life, so I think that makes it feel like home even more. I could definitely get used to living in New Zealand!

Anyways, it's getting late here, so I have to get to bed. I hope to create a new post soon giving you all an update on how things are going and how the teaching is and everything, but that will have to wait until later. So here are the pictures, I hope you enjoy them!

God bless,

Matt


Arriving at Crystal Springs, my new home!!!
Wairere Falls, which is about 5-10 minutes from our base - This is where we had our first church service which included hiking up a path to a lookout, then climbing up the river to the base of the waterfall and jumping into FREEZING cold water. It was absolutely amazing!!! Definitely a great welcome to New Zealand!!!
This is pretty much what we see out of our lecture room. Unfortunately it was a cloudy day, so you can't see the mountains too well. It rains pretty much everyday here because it's the spring, but sometimes it'll just be a random 5 minute downpour, then go back to being sunny.
This is the "A Frame" where we have our meals and lectures, and there's a ping pong table and a pool table. We spend a lot of our time here.
This is the yard beside the A Frame, everything is so green here because of all the rain. It's like life in HD.
Gotta have a picture of the Hobbiton Sign in Matamata, still haven't actually taken a tour yet though.
Chillin with my buddy Smeagol
Typical New Zealand scenery, bunch of sheep, with mountains in the background and clouds overhead.
This is Kyle and Levi walking up to the boulder that I jumped off of into the ocean when we went to Mount Maunganui. 
Here's me preparing to jump. Once again, it was freezing, Kyle and Tim were supposed to jump with me, but chickened out because it was too cold. It's still only about 17 degrees here, and generally is cloudy, as you can see from the picture.
Just a beauty picture of a farm with the mountains and clouds in the background. I absolutely love it here!!!!

5 comments:

  1. These are great buddy! I'm so happy for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It is so beautiful, Matt. So happy for you and praying more of God's blessings to flow.
    Love you,

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matt: What beautiful pictures. Sounds like you are having fun. I see you were at Hobbiton. Was it awesome? Had hoped to have a MacQueen creation to you so you could take a picture of it right there in Hobbiton. Would have been nice, but Oh well. What is God doing in your life these days? I hope you know that we miss you and bless you and are very proud of you.

    Love
    Sabrina and Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buddy, you're pointing the wrong way in the Hobbiton pic! Are you Canadian or not? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Matt:
    Wow what awsome pic. Looking for many more. I now that you will be doing some great things for God.
    Love Ya
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete